Who We Are
Our Sunday Service Team invites you to join us in worshiping our Lord and Savior!
White River Christian Fellowship (WRCF) is a non-denominational congregation meeting in Tygh Valley, OR. Our church was founded in 1997 by a group of Christ followers who wanted to grow in understanding of faith, hope and love. We praise God for his faithfulness and answer to our prayers as we have moved into our new church home. Our current pastors, Jeff & Brenda Hoover, along with our entire congregation, welcome you to come and join us!
WRCF believes we exist to follow the basic directives Jesus gave his followers, to love God and love people. We love God through worship, learning, and obedience (“if you love me, keep my commandments”). We love people by sowing the gospel into their lives, ministering to their needs, and, as they become Jesus followers, equipping them to serve God in whatever capacity He leads. If we had a church organization chart, it would be flat. We believe all Christ followers are part of the “Royal priesthood, a holy nation”, just as the Apostle Peter wrote.
What We Believe
- We believe there is one true, holy God, eternally existing in three persons — Father, Son and Holy Spirit, each equally possessing all the attributes of deity and personality characteristics. These three are one God. (Genesis 1:1, Deuteronomy 6:4, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30, 2 Corinthians 13:14)
- We believe in God the Father, the sovereign Creator and Sustainer of the heavens and the earth. (Genesis 1:1, Acts 17:28, Philippians 2:9-11)
- We believe in the divinity of Jesus, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His death as substitutionary atonement, His bodily resurrection, His ascension and His personal and visible return to earth. (John 10:33, Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:34-35, Hebrews 4:15; 7:26;John 2:11, 1 Corinthians 15:3, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 2:9, John 11:25, 1 Corinthians 15:4, Mark 16:19, Acts 1:11, Revelation 19:11-16)
- We believe the Holy Spirit proceeded from the Father and the Son, as the source of empowerment and comfort for believers until He returns. The gifts of the Spirit are given as a sign of His presence, and we are open to all spiritual gifts, with no particular gifts having superiority. As each of us allows the Spirit to work in us and through us, and as we operate in the gifts He offers us, the Church will become all that God intends her to be. (Romans 8:13-14, Romans 12; 1 Corinthians 3:16; 6:19-20; 1 Corinthians 12; 1 Corinthians 14; Ephesians 4:30; 5:18)
- We believe that the Bible (commonly called the Old and New Testaments) is the inerrant and authoritative standard for life, faith and practice. (2 Timothy 3:15-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21, John 16:12-13)
- We believe that the church, which is the body and the promised, pure bride of Christ, is a spiritually-unified organism made up of all born–again believers. The church was created to proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ, and to live on mission and bless the world, meeting it at its places of pain for the glory of God and the betterment of humanity. (Eph 1:22, 23; 5:25; 1 Cor 12:12; 2 Cor 11:2)